Cauliflower shawarma, Eyal Shani’s famous whole roasted cauliflower heads, cauliflower cheese steaks, cauliflower pizza, cauliflower rice… it's cauliflower everything!
Cauliflower is officially the new avocado toast, yes #cauliflower has actually exceeded #avocadotoast on Instagram.
Are we happy to go down this path? Yeah, I reckon we are.
Cauliflower is cheap, sustainable and in season for most of the year in the UK. What’s even better is that most of the meals entail using the whole head and stem. #nowastage
Plus, it's great for your health! One serving provides 77% of your RDA of vitamin C, It's also a good source of vitamin K, protein, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, magnesium, phosphorus, fiber, vitamin B6, folate, pantothenic acid, potassium, and manganese. Cauliflower is anti-inflammatory, boosts heart health, aids detoxification and supports digestive health all whilst being a fabulous alternative to complex carbohydrates. Cauliflower is amazing!
TIP - Grate or food process a whole head at a time and freeze left over 'rice' ready to use in mashes and other dishes as required.
Our Cauliflower Bread Recipe
- Half of 1 large cauliflower (around 4 cups)
- 2 Tbsp of garlic powder
- 6 Tbsp of coconut flour
- 1 Tsp salt
- 4 large eggs
- Dried herbs or spices or your choice
- Preheat your oven to 200 C or gas mark 6.
- Chop the cauliflower and place in a food processor and pulse until it looks like a fine grain to creat your ‘rice’.
- Beat the eggs, add in the dry ingredients and mix together.
- Slowly add the cauliflower rice and mix quickly, be careful not to over-mix as the mixture can become watery.
- Divide your mixture into 6 parts, shape each one into either a round or square and flatten, place on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Cool your flatbreads on a rack & trim if required